Saturday, October 25, 2014

WATER RATES

Abbotsford Water Rates

   I recently spoke with a friend whose children live in Germany. He was telling me how restricted they were in the use of water - for washing, for showers, etc. Their cost of water was in excess of $5.00 per cu. metre. I was not totally surprised, but nonetheless, I am very thankful for the abundant supply we do have and for what it costs my household to have running water. Our residential cost is $1.15 per cu. metre.


   The joint Abbotsford Mission Water system consists of 18 wells, Cannell Lake supply, Norrish Treatment Plant, 91 kilometers of pipe and 16 pressure reducing stations. The system has a replacement value of $138M. 

   The following three graphs provide a comparison with our neighbouring municipalities, as well as some other large BC cities. The majority of households will fall in the middle category. 




No comments:

Post a Comment